Monday, November 18, 2013

Strange Stone Tablet

You never know where you might find your next piece of interesting gaming scenery.  :)

A few years ago, I requested a catalog from Epilog laser.  Inside, as a demo of what their tool could do, was a small, wooden, laser-etched Mayan calendar.

I immediately put it in my bits box.

I recently glued it to a 2" wooden base and I used some flexible modeling paste to make it look like stone.

Here's the result --
Three wizards contemplate the ancient writings... 
"Maybe if I touch it with my chaos staff?!?"
The detail is AMAZING.

3 comments:

1d30 said...

Makes me think you need that tool.

Also, absolutely the best thing to do ever is to touch it with your chaos staff. Never can go wrong with chaos staff.

Jim said...

@d30 -- I wish I could afford one... :)

Lasgunpacker said...

I have one of those laser cut sun stones lying around somewhere for just this purpose. (and a larger plaster cast one too)

Good to know it works out for when I get around to it.