Monday, July 29, 2013

My Dr. Who Cosplay

Waaaaay back in the 80's, I used to watch Tom Baker play Dr. Who on our PBS station.  I caught all the episodes I could and I even used our VCR to record any episodes that played late at night.  (What I would have given for a DVR!)

My Grandma Erna was a terrific knitter.  She made all kinds of things and not the awkward, ugly sweaters that grandmas are known for.  She was really good and she was a good sport too!

In 1988, I asked her to knit me a Dr. Who scarf.  She did.  I still have it.

I still have a letter from her telling me all about her progress.  I'm posting it here (minus some family gossip) for your amusement.  When you read it, you'll know why I laughed out loud all these years later.  :)


Here's the pattern my cousin received from the BBC 

Here's the note she sent when she mailed me the scarf

Here I am wearing the scarf today.  :)

Grandma has been gone for awhile now.  I miss her.  Thanks for the scarf and all the memories Grandma Erna!

1 comment:

Mrs. Trivedi-Ziemba said...

Wow! And I am using the pattern in 2016 to make scarf for my better half.