Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday 40k Game

Today, my grandson Matt and my stepson Brian came over to play Warhammer 40k.

I had a 2000pt Space Marine Army (The Banecorp) and Matt and Brian combined with 1000pts each.  Brian had his Blue Devils Space Marines and Matt played the Tau.

We mixed in a little randomness from my Catachan Firebreathers.

Here are some pics:
The table edge.  Banecorp on the left, Tau and Blue Devils on the Right
Matt is using Clone Troopers at Tau Fire Warriors, Marro Warriors from Heroscape are Kroot, Maug's are Crisis Battlesuits, and those Ogre-like MageKnight things are Kroot Hounds. 
Here's Matt's Hammerhead Gunship (I made it for his birthday -- see this link) and some paper Gun Drones.
Here's Hellion my Mk I Land Raider.
Here's my new magnetized Land Raider Crusader.  That building is a paper kit I got from RPG Now.  
During Turn 1, my DIY Drop Pod lands, a Space Marine Tactical Squad pours out.  The Sergeant has a Teleport Homer, so the Terminators arrive on top of the power generator (the card is for stability.)  At the end of this round, the Kroot are no more, mowed down in a hail of bolter fire. 
At this point, the Blue Devils have blown up my Rhino and my second Tactical Squad has suffered the loss of 7 members.  The remaining marines bolt into the nearby woods so that the Land Raider Crusader can massacre these 'Devils where they stand.
In this pic, you can see the Crusader bearing down on the 'Devils.  My "Paper Predator" is coming from the other direction.   My "alien forest" is pretty effective, I think.  I made it from grassy foam balls from the dollar store, lichen, moss, wire, paint and rectangular wooden bases.  I glued sand to the base for texture.
A closeup of my Tac Squad and what's left of my Terminators after the Crisis Battlesuits and the 'Devils Dreadnaught got done with them.  I got the last laugh.  Both these Termies made it to the end of the game.  Neither the Dread nor the Battlesuits survived.
You can see the back side of my Paper Predator and my DIY Drop Pods across from the alien forest.
Blue Devil Termies move toward the wood where my Space Marines wait to re-emerge.  These three fell to the deadly blows of the Blue Devils Chapter Master and his Chainfist.
One Catachan Firebreather charges my Predator and succeeds in immobilizing it.  Later, it would rend it open and destroy it.  In the distance you see another Catachan Firebreather assaulting the Blue Devils.  I wanted to link to the Paper Tank, it's a One Monk Wolverine, but I can't find it online.  
All in all, the Banecorp were triumphant.  A good time was had by all.

No comments: