I've never run this module, don't even know if it's any good at all, but some of its elements have been KEY in my Queston Campaign for years. Very odd. I never really thought about its impact on me until now.
Here are some of the bits that play or have played a big role in my games since the module came out --
- Graz'zt, the demon prince. Was the focus of a major campaign where the heroes ventured to the Abyss to destroy him and...
- Fraz-Urb-Iuu, the demon prince. A temple to Fraz was actually one of the first adventures I ever wrote/ran in 1983. I still have my copy of the dungeon. Maybe I'll update it and upload it some time.
- Dretch. These little demon buggers were very useful as hordes of minions.
- Cooshee. One of the elf PC's had one as a pet.
- Chasme. These demon bugs were popular fodder in the Abyss and in other abysmal areas.
- Derro. They became the evil dwarves in my campaign.
- Behir. A challenging non-dragon dragon. I've used one in nearly every campaign I've ran since.
- Gorgimera. Frequently used as a major challenge to PCs and another non-dragon dragon.
- Daoud's Wonderous Lanthorn. Although I never used it, I did make a number of equally complex magical artifacts for my campaign.
- Magical Diagrams. I actually created my own set of diagrams based upon Mr. Gygax's work.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the module. I find them very inspirational.