Wednesday, June 15, 2011

J. J. Abrams is a DM at heart!


J. J. Abrams was on the Daily Show last night and he offered some advice about writing for television that can be used at the game table.

Substitute "player" for "blogger" and his advice makes a lot of sense.

I can't embed the video from Comedy Central -- you'll have to visit the link.  Fast forward to about 18:00.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-june-14-2011-j-j--abrams?xrs=share_copy

If you haven't seen this video on TED, consider watching it too.  Very inspirational!


Enjoy!

PS: here's one take on JB's "Bear Hug" controversy from the "sneak preview" at the beginning of the clip.  I don't think it really settles anything.  In fact, it just unsettles me...  :)

2 comments:

Jay said...

I saw him on the Daily Show, I remember remarking to my wife that I wished they'd planned to have him on for longer. Did you see Super 8?

Jim said...

Yeah. A longer interview would have been nice -- even if they had to put it on the web. No, not yet. Want to go with my wife this weekend.