Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 8: First set of polyhedral dice.

I don't know that I ever bought myself a "set" of polyhedrals until recently.  I purchased a set of Gamescience dice.  Here's a pic.
I didn't do a very good job with the "coloring in..."
One of my most prized dice is this one --

Back around the summer of 1982, Gamescience came out with an ad for these dice -- 
Mine has lasted more than 32 years...
I told my parents that I wanted one and they willingly went out looking for it.  I seem to recall an ad (somewhere) that offered a free d20 with a coupon.  

My parents ran all over town.  I'm sure they had other errands to run as well, but they did visit multiple hobby shops.  

They came home with my prized d20 (which I still use often) and a handful of minis --

That was a happy day!

1 comment:

Darcy Perry said...

That's a cool looking die!