Sunday, September 25, 2011

Slimes, Jellies and Puddings -- PAINTED!

Here they are.  I vlogged about making these here.

I painted them up as 4 large black puddings, 4 medium/small sized green slimes and five small ochre jellies.

Here are some pics:
You dumb, dead bastard... 



I painted them with their primary color and then layered on other colors using drybrushing techniques.  After they were dry, I put on a layer of matte finish to protect the paint.  I'm not a great painter, but these turned out pretty well.  

They don't really have any odor at all now.  The paint sealed the "plastic".

3 comments:

Paul said...

They look great! Do they still smell like sour milk?

Jim said...

@Paul -- they do still smell a little funky, but its not overwhelming or anything. Some of the prepainted minis have a strong petroleum smell. Its not any worse than that.

Anonymous said...

You might want different materials for different types of monster. For example, I imagine grey ooze as lumpy oatmeal, black pudding as rounded bulbous pseudopods, and green slime as a thin smooth slick.

For those purposes, kitty litter would work well for grey ooze or ochre jelly, hot glue for black pudding, and rubber cement for green slime.

Also I have always been fond of the typical gumdrop jelly monster found in jrpgs.