Sunday, September 19, 2010

Astrological NPCs

I'm always looking for new ways to add personality to my NPCs.

Yesterday, I was digging through some boxes and I found this strange d12.  Instead of numbers, its marked with the twelve astrological signs.  You can use a d12 if you don't have one of these funky dice! :)
This immediately got me thinking.  How could I use astrology concepts to randomly assign personality traits to NPCs?

I started Googling and I found a number of sites that had info about the astrological signs on them.

I created a chart and you can download it in the Files Section to the right if you are interested.

Here's a snippet:

Let me know if its at all helpful to you!

1 comment:

Roger G-S said...

Mentioning your zodiac sign is also +1 to reaction rolls from compatible NPCs at the local tavern's Singles Mingle Night.